Applications for the RLabs Innovation Incubator and Accelerator (InnovIA) 2016 programme are now open. Aspirant social innovators and entrepreneurs who are passionate about making a difference in the world and building scalable social enterprises are invited to apply here.
We are thrilled to be partnering with, amongst others, Silicon Cape, The Bandwidth Barn, Accenture Skills to Succeed, and the MTN Solution Space (UCT Graduate School of Business) to ensure the successful development and implementation of youth lead innovations. The programme will harness the wealth in experience and resources of all its partners to deliver a programme that will see youth excel in entrepreneurship and social innovation.
Why should you join InnovIA?
- You will have access to Silicon Cape network
- Access to world-class mentors
- Access to world class co-working spaces
- Access to a supportive entrepreneurship ecosystem
- Access to mentors with extensive experience in the startup space
- Access to developers who are experienced in building mobile and web products/services
- If you meet all program and business milestones during the program, your startup could access further seed funding from RLabs or other Angel investors within our network.
What do you need to apply for this opportunity?
- Have a tested or proven idea (Validation needed)
- Must be innovative (Approach that’s unique)
- Can involve and exclude technology
- Does your innovation or small business make a social impact
Through the InnovIA programme, we have been able to nurture the development of 47 social innovations and startups, helping them develop and grow during the start-up period.
Please note: applicants will be subjected to a selection process, and if successful, will be expected to commit themselves (or one team member) to the 12 week programme.