RLabs have a goal to innovate, break new grounds and make a positive difference in the lives of others. One of the RLabs initiatives is the Innovation Incubator and Accelerator where we grow and nurture social enterprises. One of the social enterprises, Uusi, have confirmed a partnership with Nigeria’s largest jobs portal Jobberman and one of the Forbes Africa top technology start-ups for 2012, for its launch on the Mxit platform (Africa’s largest mobile social network) to the Nigerian market. This exciting prospect of expanding beyond South Africa has always been part of the fundamental requirements for the RLabs incubated Social Enterprises.
Along with this wonderful growth opportunity, Uusi also reached some important milestones today and introduced new features after “soft-launching” less than 3 months ago:
– More than 1,000 mobile CVs and profiles are created per day (50,000+ registered job seekers)
– Uusi have passed 10 Million job views since going live
– The new interface allows for community members to place and seek for job opportunities.
– All seeker and placer engagement can now be managed via Uusi.
– Uusi users can build connections and grow their own network.
We will continue keeping you updated about Uusi and its growth into the rest of Africa.